Covid-19 Policy for in-office visits
OSG remains committed to your safety. Please do not delay the care that you need. We are here for you!
In a continued effort to keep our patients safe, please note the following office policies:
- Patients and visitors must wear a mask to their appointment.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are sick.
- If you have been directed to self-quarantine, or you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, reschedule your appointment.
- Patients must arrive alone unless requiring assistance.
- Children may be accompanied by one parent.
- Patients that test positive can be seen in our office after 5 days of isolation as long as their symptoms are improving and they have been fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- If you have had a recent COVID exposure:
- If you have been boosted, have completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna within the last 6 months, or have completed the primary series of J&J within the last 2 months, you are not required to quarantine and can be seen in our offices.
- If you have completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna over 6 months ago and are not boosted, completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted, or are unvaccinated, you can be seen in our offices after a 5 day quarantine as long as you remain symptom-free.
OSG is taking every possible measure to provide a safe environment in accordance with CDC regulations. Click here for more on what to expect when you’re seen in one of our offices.
Telemedicine visits allow long-distance patient and clinician contact. OSG Telemedicine remains available for some types of patient appointments. Please call us to determine if your appointment may be a “virtual visit.”
For more information on the spread of COVID-19, click here.