2021 is here; have you decided on your new year’s resolutions yet? You may already have big plans ahead for yourself this year, or maybe you’re just not sure how to move forward with your goals. No matter your struggle, we’re here to help you create healthy resolutions that are sure to stick.
Steps to Make Resolutions You’ll Actually Stick To
If you’re looking to take the first steps toward long-lasting change, you’re not alone! Many struggle to keep up with the big goals they set for themselves, but these steps are here to help guide you to make resolutions that you’re more likely to continue with:
- Ask yourself, “What are your biggest dreams?” – Do you want to run a marathon? Are you looking to succeed in a new career? Maybe you want to drop a lot of weight? With enough motivation, perseverance, and support, you can accomplish just about anything. First, you want to decide your most meaningful and important goals for your future.
- Break up those big dreams into smaller steps – Now it’s time to think tiny. Small steps help you move toward your ultimate goal. When it comes to resolutions, you’re more likely to achieve them in stages, and you’ll likely build confidence as you accomplish each task. Try making a list and start off with the easiest ones to build momentum and feel persuaded to keep going!
- Understand why change is needed – Taking some time to reflect on why you’re making these goals is an important step. If you can determine why you stick to these bad habits or why you have been stuck in one place for too long, you’ll be more motivated and more likely to want to commit to your resolutions.
- Commit yourself – Now is that time to get focused and commit yourself to complete your goals! Write them down, tell others, have friends and family hold you accountable and support you, or look for resources to help you on your journey, for starters.
- Learn from your mistakes – Anytime you fail, or take a step back, take time to reflect on why this may have happened and what lessons you’ve learned. Then take the necessary steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again and move forward.
- Don’t skip rewards – Give yourself all the praise you can for completing any steps of your resolutions! It’s a big accomplishment, and you deserve to feel proud of working towards your goals to better yourself. Just make sure those rewards don’t derail you from your path.
Recommendations For Healthy Resolutions
Are you struggling to decide on what resolutions to pick? Take a look at some of these ideas to help you move toward a healthier and happier lifestyle for 2021:
- Sit less and move more.
- Eat more whole foods, including fruits, vegetables, fish, whole grains, nuts, and more.
- Find a physical activity that you enjoy.
- Cut back on sugary beverages and snacks.
- Get more quality sleep.
- Spend more’ me’ time focusing on self-care.
- Cook more meals at home.
- Spend more time outdoors.
- Limit your screen time.
- Cut back on alcohol.
- Work towards quitting smoking.
- Try a new hobby.
- Find help to treat your chronic pain.
Just remember, no matter the resolutions you set for yourself, be sure to break them up into smaller goals to stay motivated and be amazed at all that you can accomplish this year!
Orthopaedist in Fairfield County
It’s crucial to seek expert medical treatment if you are dealing with problems or pain associated with your bones or joints. Give the professionals at Orthopaedic Specialty group a call at (203) 337-2600 and let us know how we can help you! Don’t let that pain hold you back from living your life. Your health and safety is our top priority.