Payment Posting Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, Revenue Cycle Management
Ensure all insurance and patient payments are posted quickly and accurately. Identify denial trends, and payments below fee schedule.
• High school diploma required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum one-year experience in a medical office reimbursement department
• Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
• Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
• Proven understanding of Explanation of Benefits forms, claim forms and the insurance billing process
• Working knowledge of managed care, commercial insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid reimbursement
• Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD-10-CM coding for orthopaedic surgery
• Neat, professional appearance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Posts all mailed-in insurance payments by line item; batches them according to protocol
• Alerts Management when payments do not match contractual amounts; looks for underpayments and silent PPOs
• Alerts Accounts Receivable staff on denials.
• Posts all mailed-in patient payments
• Processes requests for refunds, and submits to Management for approval
• Balances the deposit with what is posted into the computer system
• Maintains working knowledge of charge entry, and insurance follow up protocols; provides back-up to Reimbursement Specialist as needed
Keeps up to date with Athena Health updates to ensure correct capture of financial transactions.
• Works collaboratively with internal IT staff to ensure that all carriers are set up with EFTs/ERAs.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
• Attends staff regular staff meetings
• Attends AAOS continuing education courses and webinars as requested
• Performs any additional duties as requested by the Director or Team Leader/Supervisor
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work at month end.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to:
OSG offers a pleasant professional work environment, competitive wages, and comprehensive benefits, including generous paid time off.
Orthopaedic Specialty Group, P.C., is an Equal Opportunity Employer