Arthritis pain can make mornings a serious struggle leaving you not wanting to get out of bed. Luckily, there are simple things you can do to help make your mornings more relaxed and enjoyable.
Utilize these tips for more pain-free, enjoyable mornings with arthritis:
Prepare The Night Before
One of the best things you can do for a more enjoyable morning is to prepare and do all the hard work the night before. Some things to prep include:
- Selecting and laying out your outfit.
- Pre-tie neckties and scarves so they can easily be put on.
- Place your morning medications and a glass of water on your bedside table, so they’re ready to take as soon as you wake up. Additionally, leave a few crackers on your bedside table to settle your stomach.
- Set your alarm for an hour before it’s time to actually get out of bed, so your body has time to dissolve your medication and digest your crackers. You’ll feel much better getting out of bed!
- Stock your fridge with anything you need to make breakfast in the morning or pre-make certain items so you can quickly grab and eat them.
Let The Light In
As soon as you get up, open up your blinds or curtains to let the sunshine pool into your room. The sunlight helps signal your body with a release of serotonin that it’s time to start your day, and with a good mood too.
Start Your Day With a Stretch
Don’t forget to do some light stretching after you get up, too. A few gentle stretches can make a big difference in your mobility for the day, leading to less pain and stiffness.
Keeping your joints comfortable and warm can help minimize pain and swelling. Try utilizing a warming blanket or heating pad once you wake up. You can also start your day with a warm shower to soothe your joints.
Ask For Help
If needed, don’t be afraid to ask for help! Consult with your doctor for advice and reach out to friends and family that live with you or nearby for assistance. As well, consider getting a caregiver that can help you with all your needs in the morning for a great rest of your day.
Orthopaedist in Fairfield County, Connecticut
It’s crucial to seek expert medical treatment if you are dealing with problems or pain associated with your bones or joints, such as arthritis. Give the professionals at Orthopaedic Specialty group a call at (203) 337-2600, and let us know how we can help you! Don’t let that pain hold you back from living your life. Your health and safety are our top priority.